Thursday, February 09, 2006

Quick music poll #2

Which band do I hate more, Steely Dan or Aerosmith?

Labels:

Oh, you hate Aerosmith more. Mostly because there are more opportunities to hate them. That Steven Tyler is goddamn everywhere.

Posted by: Blogger Rob S. at 2/09/2006 8:26 PM

I'm betting on Aerosmith as well. Way more visible. Always in the news, on TV, etc...

Donald Fagen - just another guy from Jersey who you probably wouldn't know if you walked past him on the street.

--*Rob

Posted by: Blogger Rob at 2/09/2006 9:02 PM

Do I detect some snark directed towards The Dan? Hey, complex melodies, intelligent lyrics, and a name taken from a William S. Burroughs reference. I'd say that outclasses Aerosmith.

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 2/09/2006 10:12 PM

I like Aerosmith so I'm voting Steely Dan.:-)

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 2/10/2006 4:38 AM

I should add that I *do* like Steely Dan, so it's easy for me to hate Aerosmith with undiluted venom.

Posted by: Blogger Rob S. at 2/10/2006 3:16 PM

Must be Aerosmith. Can't be Steely Dan.

Posted by: Blogger Sharon GR at 2/10/2006 5:28 PM

Thanks to everyone for their input. The consensus seems to be Aerosmith, but after further thought, I've realized the real answer is, of course, Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Skynyrd vs. Boston--now that's a cage match from Hell. And the winner could play Aerosmith for the Grand Title of Jeri's Eternal Torment.

March Madness, here we come!

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 2/10/2006 5:38 PM

Oh don't get me wrong - Steely Dan is good. They're just not charismatic.

--*Rob