Monday, July 17, 2006

Random thought #862

Pizzerias should put Cold Pizza on their menus.

You’d bake it, let it cool, refrigerate it overnight, and sell it at a premium as a deliverable breakfast item*.

OR you could quick-cool it with carefully applied liquid nitrogen. But the whole point of cold pizza is that the sauce has a chance to mellow and blend with the cheese and crust. There's no magical substitute for time.

This could be huge in college towns. What frat boy hasn't punched a pledge after finding nothing but empty pizza boxes to greet his hangover?

*Come to think of it, every breakfast place should deliver. C'mon, Dunkin Donuts, save us the shower!

I used to like pizza with tomato sauce and all that but in the last few years my mom and I have both fallen in love with white pizza. You know a pizza that only has cheese and garlic on it. There is a local pizzaria here that makes a dynamite white pizza.

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 7/17/2006 10:21 AM

I love white pizza, too. With spinach and fresh tomato slices, and ricotta cheese. drool...

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 7/17/2006 10:24 AM

Ok now I am hungry.

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 7/17/2006 11:39 AM

Personally, I like making a pizza with EVOO and lots of cheese and peperoni

Jim Young

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 7/17/2006 5:51 PM

Okay, Jim, I'll bite: what's EVOO?

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 7/17/2006 5:58 PM

My mom tells me EVOO is Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and that Rachel Ray uses this acronym all the time.

I'm so out of the know. What year is this, again?

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 7/17/2006 8:53 PM

In Japan, they have the most bizarre combinations for pizza. Along with the average toppings, there's also corn, potatos, fish--but I only like cheese.

Posted by: Anonymous Nozomi at 7/18/2006 12:20 AM

Don't feel bad Jeri. So am I. But then again, I hate to cook. I'm a really good cook when I decide to cook, but I really don't much enjoy it. I'll take take-out any day over cooking.

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 7/18/2006 7:31 AM

EVOO is PEOPLE! It's PEEEEEOPLE!!!!

Posted by: Blogger Rob S. at 7/18/2006 3:03 PM

EVOO? This Italian mamma never heard of it. But then I don't watch Rachel Ray. Thanks for the education.

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 7/19/2006 10:43 AM

I sometimes wonder if there's a relationship between the time a person spends watching The Food Network and the time they spend actually cooking.

My guess is that it's an inverse relationship.

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 7/19/2006 6:47 PM