Monday, October 16, 2006

Capclave Schedule

If you're in the DC area this coming weekend, stop by the Hilton Washington/Silver Spring for Capclave 2006.

It's a small, intimate science fiction/fantasy con, where you won't get lost in the throngs of fans. Where you won't get lost at all.

Saturday, October 21
11PM - 1PM: Writer's Workshop
Along with fellow authors Allen Wold and J. Jagi Lamplighter, I'll be...well, I'm not allowed to tell you. Show up with a pen and paper, and we'll tell you what to do. It's fun, really. For us.

3 - 3:30 PM: Reading
In which I do my best impression of an audio book. No, you can't rewind me.

9-10PM: Group Discussion--New Novelists
Karl Schroeder, Catherynne Valente, and fellow Luna author Maria V. Snyder will join me for a discussion on what it's like to be a newbie in this business. Come, taste the fear.

Hopefully my book will be on sale in the Dealer's Room, though it technically doesn't come out until next week.

Yes, it's next week already. Tuesday, to be exact--be at your bookstore demanding it in a loud voice. If you've already received a free copy in a contest or because you're a dear friend who gave me helpful feedback, then buy another one to give as a gift. Loudly.

Don't worry, I'll remind you.

Labels:

I think you underestimate my ability to get lost.

Oh, and Amazon sent me a note the other day that my preordered copy of EOC is on its way. Which means Kathy can read it once (maybe before I finish my second pass a it)!

Posted by: Blogger Rob S. at 10/16/2006 10:11 AM

Yes! That was going to be my next post, that the book is shipping early from Amazon. My brother told me that Borders told him it would be out before the release date as well.

If anyone has ordered from Barnes & Noble.com, let me know if it gets shipped early. They still haven't bothered to post a book description yet, so I'm a little miffed at them.

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 10/16/2006 11:33 AM

Um, I hate to tell you this Rob, but I already finished it.:-) And it was fantastic Jeri. I even commented on it at Gena Showalter's blog.

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 10/16/2006 11:42 AM

That's right, Kathy... I remember reading your earlier comment. But actually I was talking about my wife, also named Kathy. Since right now we've only got one physical copy of the book, and it spends about 12 hours a day in New York with me, she hasn't had much of a chance to read it yet. That'll change in the next day or so.

Posted by: Blogger Rob S. at 10/16/2006 2:46 PM

Lol oops sorry Rob.:-)

Posted by: Blogger Kathy at 10/16/2006 2:51 PM

Got my book from Amazon today.

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 10/16/2006 4:53 PM

Yay, Cecilia! Wow, that's over a week before its official date. The weird thing is, over on Amazon it's still listed as not yet available.

Thanks for plugging the book on Gena's blog, Kathy. I need all the help I can get, since I'm pretty much a Nobody. :-)

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 10/16/2006 8:23 PM