Monday, August 13, 2007

Chubby, Part One

At last, a new foster dog!

Meet Chubby, who's not.

He's eight months old and so sweet. In fact, he's a whole lineful of 'o's of sweet*, like this:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

A little shy now about going through doorways to strange places, and totally exhausted from his trip. I can't truly assess his personality until he starts to wake up a little more, but I think he's going to be a great puppy.

He's part chocolate Lab--which explains the yellow eyes and the reddish nose--and part Golden Retriever.

Until recently he was also part Tick, but most of them have either been yanked off or poisoned by Frontline Plus. Last night I dreamed about ticks who could fly and were immune to rubbing alcohol.

More later. I was away for the weekend and therefore am behind in writing The Reawakened.

*depending on your monitor's resolution. Results may vary.

Labels:

AAAWWWW!!!

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 8/13/2007 11:48 AM

What a doll! He'll be scooped up in no time at all.

Posted by: Anonymous Leslie at 8/14/2007 12:59 AM

What a cutie! I would love to foster, but I have a very large 11 yr. old Siberian Husky(with thyroid cancer-he takes up a lot of time and $$$). He was a rescue at 4 months. I also have a 2 yr. old Irish Terrier that thinks she is the queen of the universe. She will take on the Husky, so it is best we don't introduce any newbies at this time. I have a tendency to bond too much and find it hard to give them up.

DebiM

Posted by: Anonymous Anonymous at 8/15/2007 8:08 PM

Aww how cute is he!

Posted by: Blogger Sapphire at 8/16/2007 9:17 AM

Debi, I'm pretty shallow-hearted, because I'm usually glad to see them go to their new homes. There was only one I cried at giving up. I'm going to base the dog in Bad to the Bone on him.

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 8/16/2007 8:43 PM

He does look like a sweetie. And, sounds like he'll be a high-energy sweetie once he settles in. Have fun!

Posted by: Blogger Sharon GR at 8/18/2007 11:54 AM