Some number of things I'm happy about:
1) My husband's high school reunion (correlating to Rob's # 7). Best friends and eighties music, all in one night!
2) My cat Tiggy got good blood results yesterday. She has chronic renal failure, which is a terminal illness, but she's much improved from a month ago, so I'm setting back her Doomsday Clock to 12:01 a.m., as befitting an immortal creature.
3) Just got ARCs of Wicked Game in the mail. They're gorgeous, and the acknowledgments made my husband smile. I have a fun contest planned here next week to see who gets the very first one.
4) The soundtrack to HBO's Rome finally came out. When I bought it, Amazon told me that I should also buy the soundtrack to 300. So I did (though I accidentally paid 8 bucks extra for the stupid deluxe version). They are both outrageously wonderful and perfect accompaniment for writing a war novel.
5) Joe Torre will be managing the Dodgers next year.
6) Brett Favre is having the season of a lifetime, proving that 38-year-olds can still kick ass.
7) There's a comet in Perseus that is currently bigger than the sun. No, I'm serious.
I'm shy about tagging people, so consider it all-inclusive. Just link back here. Have a happy weekend!
Labels: motley memes