The mission: list sixteen random personal facts or habits, and then pick twelve of my friends to tag. I'm going to cheat a little and start off with an edited version of my Eight Things:
1. Like last year's Miss Michigan, I have maimouphobia*. (Also coulrophobia, but everyone knows that.)
2. Favorite song: "Inside Out" by Eve 6. Singing along to this tune is a better aerobic workout than the Stairmaster, and much easier on the knees.
3. Sometimes when I'm in the self-checkout lane at the supermarket, I pretend I'm auditioning for a job.
4. Favorite classical composer: Franz Schubert. This is not interesting.
5. I once spent the night at Eugene O'Neill's boyhood home, the setting for his Pulitzer-winning play, Long Day's Journey Into Night. Alas, I neither saw nor heard the famed ghost of his mother, wandering the halls looking for her next morphine fix.
6. Secret Celebrity Crush: Ben Stiller
7. I'm obsessive but not compulsive, mainly because I'm too lazy to follow through on most thoughts. I might be having lunch with you, and 99% of my attention is focused on what you're saying (honestly!), while the remaining 1% is thinking, "The tablecloth is crooked, the salt shaker is at a hostile angle to the sugar bowl, and I'm dying to make an Olympic rings symbol with the condensation on the bottom of my water glass." But don't worry--I won't do anything about it.
8. In my head, the alphabet still looks like this.
9. I have passed out once in my life--in Bruges, Belgium. Yes, I'll be seeing the Colin Farrell movie.
10. I wait to buy a Tori Amos album until the following one is released. No reason, it just works out that way, and so far I've been happy with the results.
11. I never turn my back on a saguaro cactus.
12. I directed Sartre's No Exit as part of my senior thesis. Only two out of the four actors learned all their lines.
13. Speaking of college theatre, I played Crow in Sam Shepard's Tooth of Crime. This was the pinnacle of my acting "career." Can you find me in the photos?
14. I only need two more random facts after this one.
15. One of my friends in college went out with a guy who went on to marry Amy Carter. She went on to be a lesbian. My friend, not Amy Carter.
16. The coffee is ready.
*that's fear of monkeys, for those too lazy to skim the article