If you’re excited about Bad to the Bone (May 19!) and want to tell the world, then I love you. I love you so much that I want to invite you to join my inner circle, my very own Street Team.
You don't have to stand on a street corner and shout about the book (though you're welcome to--or if you prefer, the beach or boardwalk on Memorial Day weekend). Here are some other options:
- Offer bookmarks to your local booksellers and librarians
- Post the book cover on your website or MySpace page
- Blog about Bad to the Bone during release week (and Wicked Game's mass market release this week)
- Write a review
- Send a (non-spammy) e-mail to friends and family members you think would enjoy Bad to the Bone
- Recruit subscribers to my newsletter
- Any other fun ideas I come up with at 2:30 in the morning
All Street Team members will get a special exclusive autographed Street Team bookplate (see above) for their copy of Bad to the Bone, and if you like, your name listed in the acknowledgments of Book 3 (coming 2010).
What else will you get? Well, each member of last year's Street Team is now holding an ARC of Bad to the Bone in their helpful little hands (except those who are doing other things like sleeping or cooking or making a living). I can't promise that will happen next year, because I don't know how many ARCs of Book 3 my publisher will give me, but hey, it's worth a try, right?
If you'd like to join this exclusive club, just drop me a line at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Street Team’ and say, ‘Sign me up!’
See you on the Street!