If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you might already own (or have borrowed) the trade paperback version of Wicked Game. But I need your help in getting out the word to folks who haven't heard of it, or who heard of it but prefer to read books in mass market format.
And so...here's my giant giveaway. It's actually in two parts, with a Bad to the Bone ARC for each, and a special extra prize for the second one.
1) Photograph Wicked Game on the shelves of a non-bookstore venue--somewhere like Target, Walmart, a drugstore or grocery store. Post the photo or the link to your photo in the comments here, or send the link (no attachments, please please please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll draw a name at random from the folks who send me photos, and one will win a BTTB ARC.
Deadline: April 8
2) Spread the word about the Wicked Game mass market release! Here's a handy-dandy widget you can put on your blog or MySpace, Facebook, etc. Just click the lower right-hand corner where it says "Share" and follow the easy instructions.
Or, if you like something a little more provocative:
(Bad to the Bone widgets coming soon!)
If you've reviewed Wicked Game in the past, please link to your review. If you didn't review it, please link to this review by Charlaine Harris, or any one of the other lovely reviews on the Wicked Game page.
Then send me the link, either as a comment to this post, or in an e-mail to email@example.com, to enter the drawing.
To qualify, each post must contain 2 out of 3 of the following:
1. Book cover
2. Link for purchase
3. Link to a review (yours or someone else's)
The widget already contains items 1 and 2, but if you prefer not to use the widget, that's cool, as long as your post has two of those elements. Here are some purchase links for various online booksellers:
- Mysterious Galaxy (independent science fiction/fantasy bookstore)
- Barnes and Noble
- Powell’s Books
- Simon & Schuster
- Booktopia (Australia)
1. A gift certificate to the bookstore of your choice. Amazon, B&N, Powell's, or the indie bookstore down the street (assuming they offer gift certificates).
The amount of the gift card depends on how many people enter. If 25 people enter, it'll be worth $25. If 100 people enter, it'll be worth $100. Like a raffle. So if you feel lucky, tell your friends to enter, too. Sweeten the pot!
2. And of course, an autographed ARC of Bad to the Bone.
Deadline: April 12
EDITED TO ADD: If you already have a BTTB ARC, you are still eligible for the gift card, so please enter. In the event the name of an ARC-possessing person wins the gift card, I'll draw a second name for the ARC.
Now fly, my magical messengers, fly! Report back to me, and reap yer rewards. Together, with or without widgets, we shall rule the world.
Now playing: Nada Surf - Inside Of Love