Monday, March 29, 2010
In the past, I've offered a chance to win an Advance Review Copy (ARC) of my upcoming book to everyone who donated to my team. Then about six months ago, I read an article that cautioned against requiring contest entrants to make a purchase for the chance to win a prize. It makes it sort of like a raffle, which is sort of like gambling, which is not-so-sort-of prohibited in some states.
So this year, if you donate to my team, you won't get a chance at a free book. You'll get a free book. Period. Just like when I offered free copies of the trade paperback version of Bad to the Bone for people who donated to Doctors Without Borders' Haiti relief efforts. The rules are the same as before:
1. Donate at least $15 to my team, then send your mailing address to me at jeri AT jerismithready DOT com (MS Walk's website will send me an e-mail notifying me of your donation). For every $15 you donate, I'll give you one signed book. So if you donate $30, you get two books, and above that, you can do the math.
2. Giveaway will continue while supplies last, or until 8am Eastern time, Saturday, April 10, whichever comes first. Please state your first and second choices from the following list. Requiem for the Devil and Shade are not eligible, since I have no copies.
Bad to the Bone
Eyes of Crow
Voice of Crow
3, International readers welcome. However, it costs a bundle to ship a book overseas (at least $10 more than domestic), so if you are outside the US, please be a pal and only do this if you really really intend to read the book or give it to someone who will.
4. Retail value of books: $7.99 (Wicked Game and Bad to the Bone) and $15 (Eyes of Crow, Voice of Crow, and The Reawakened).
5. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
6. I'll personalize the book to you, unless you request otherwise (if you'd like me to sign it to a friend for a gift or simply put "eBay auction winner" ;-).
Thank you very much in advance for helping this great cause!