Monday, December 20, 2010
If you've read Shade, you already know that it's Aura and Zachary's birthday*.
So what better occasion to hold the first giveaway of a signed ARC of Shade's sequel, Shift (coming May 3)?
I only have four ARCs for my own giveaway, which means two things:
1) I can afford to make them international. Yay!
2) Each giveaway will be very special.
One of the other 4 ARCs will go to a newsletter subscriber in a drawing I'll do probably around the middle of February. If you're not a subscriber, you can sign up in the box over on the right sidebar.
The other two ARCs? Who knows? Stay tuned.
But this first ARC I would like to go to someone who has read and loved Shade, so it's trivia time! See if you know the answers to the following solstice/Shade-related questions:
1. Aura's mother's name.
2. The name of the place Aura's mother traveled to before Aura was born (the specific place, not the country), a place integrally connected to the winter solstice.
3. The name of the haunted battleship that Aura and Zachary explore on their winter solstice/birthday "date."
1. Send an e-mail with your answers to me at jeri AT jerismithready DOT com by Thursday, December 23, at 11:59pm. I'll disable comments on this post so that no one "shouts out" the answer. ;-)
2. International entries allowed.
3. Retail value of ARC = $0. Sentimental/bragging value of winning an ARC = that's up to you!
4. I'll send an e-mail to the winner Friday, December 24. The winner will have a week to respond with his or her mailing address. If no response has come by the end of 2010, I'll draw another name.
And now, as a little holiday gift to Aura and Zachary, a pair of "classic" carols from Italy and Scotland.
Happy Holidays, everyone!
*To be completely clear, it was the same day but on separate continents with separate parents--they are not, I repeat NOT siblings. Ew. Just...ew.