So I don't need to convince you of the need to give. You may have already bid on one of several ongoing author auctions raising funds for this worthy cause. While I love auctions, and have participated in several in the past and future, I like to give people an opportunity to get something in return for small donations.
Because it all adds up.
So I'm repeating the format of my "You Pick Holiday Giveaway" fundraiser, where I gave away books, swag, and ARCs to those who made a donation to their favorite charity.
Please read the specific rules below, but the basic gist is, you donate to the Japan relief organization of your choice, forward me proof of your donation, then pick a prize from the list.
PRIZE CATEGORIES (quantity available noted in parentheses--Totals last updated at 2:30pm Thursday, March 31):
For a $5 donation, you can get one of the following:
Signed cover flats:
--The Reawakened (
--Bad to the Bone mass market paperback (
--WVMP Lifeblood of Rock 'n' Roll (
--Keeley Brothers (
Signed chapbooks, featuring excerpts from Shade, Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush, Sarah Rees Brennan's The Demon's Covenant, and Christine Johnson's Clair de Lune. Note: these are autographed only by me, not all the authors listed. (
For $10 donation:
--Bad to the Bone (WVMP #2) mass market paperback (
--Bring on the Night (WVMP #3) mass market paperback (
For $15 donation:
--Bad to the Bone (WVMP #2) trade paperback (3)
--Eyes of Crow (Aspect of Crow #1) trade paperback (
--Voice of Crow (Aspect of Crow #2) trade paperback (
--The Reawakened (Aspect of Crow #3) trade paperback (
--Shade (Shade #1) hardcover (
Signed books, French editions:
--The Reawakened (L'Oracle de Feu) (3)
For $25 donation:
Shade (Shade #1) trade paperback -- NEW ITEM, not available in stores until April 5!! (
--Voice of Crow (1)
--The Reawakened (1)
--Bad to the Bone (
You can combine prizes, of course. For example, if you donate $20 to your favorite charity, you can request two $5 prizes and a $10 prize.
1. Because of the number of prizes, this will have to be limited to US addresses only.
2. Donate online to your chosen relief organization helping the people of Japan. Of course the big one in any disaster is the American Red Cross.
3. Forward me a copy of the receipt **within the body of an e-mail**, not as an attachment--I will not open attachments from people I don't know, and sometimes not even from people I do know. My e-mail is jeri AT jerismithready DOT com. Please use the subject line GIVE A LITTLE so that I can make sure it doesn't get caught in the spam filter.
4. Tell me, in order of preference, your top three choices, in case I run out of your first choice.
5. Let me know how you want the item personalized: i.e., if I should make them out to you or someone else, or just a signature alone. If you don't specify, I will sign it to your first name.
6. Include your mailing address.
7. I will reply within 24 hours to let you know which prize(s) you got. I will also update this blog post at least once a day to show the quantity of each prize still available.
8. Deadline: 11:59 eastern, Thursday, March 31. This will allow me to get everything mailed before I leave for the RT Booklovers Convention in Los Angeles.
Thanks so much for giving!