Tuesday, April 26, 2011
The Shift blog tour is underway at last! Karen at For What It's Worth book-review blog has been kind enough to host the two-week-long tour, which will have interviews (with me, Logan, and Zachary), guest posts, reviews, deleted scenes, video blogs, playlists, and more!
All the details are in her introductory post, but what the heck, I'll put it here, too, in case her server gets struck by lightning or something:
*Each stop on the tour will be giving away two copies of SHIFT, plus an extra surprise gift each day
*At the end of the tour a GRAND PRIZE will go to one lucky commenter!!
The Grand Prize includes:
--"Annotated" (with notes by me, sort of like a director's commentary) copies of both SHADE and SHIFT
--A signed galley of Book 3 in the SHADE series, for which there will be no ARC's, when it is ready this fall!!
Here's the schedule:
Tuesday, April 26: For What It’s Worth – Kickoff, Guest post: presentation of Logan’s “Sucks to Be a Ghost (Sometimes)” playlist
Wednesday, April 27: Mountains of Instead – Guest post: All Things Scottish (especially Zachary)
Thursday, April 28: He Followed Me Home – Guest post: Deleted Scene from SHIFT
Friday, April 29: What’s on the Bookshelf – Guest post: Loving the Love Triangle
Sunday, May 1: Addicted 2 Novels – SHIFT review
Monday, May 2: Book Smugglers – Video guest post: Newgrange & the Mysteries of Ireland
Wednesday, May 4: Mundie Moms – Interview with Jeri
Thursday, May 5: Postmortem (Jackie Morse Kessler) – Death Interviews Logan
Friday, May 6: Books, Sweets and Other Treats – Group Interview with Zachary by the "Fab 4": Books, Sweets and Other Treats, Bookworms Haven, Booking it with Hayley G, and BrookeWorm
Sunday, May 8: Just Another Book Blog – SHIFT Review
Monday, May 9: YA Book Queen – Interview with Jeri
Tuesday, May 10: The Book Junkies – Guest post: SHIFT playlist and Writing with Music
Wednesday, May 11: For What It's Worth - Wrapup and grand prize giveaway
Tuesday, May 3: Bitten By Books – Launch Day party! Live author Q&A all day long, big prizes
Saturday, May 7: Twitter Chat on #UFchat, hosted by Ink Gypsy, 6-7:30pm Eastern
1. Contest open to International entries
2. To enter the daily contests, simply comment on that day's post. After 24 hours, a winner will be drawn for the daily prize. All daily contest commenters will be automatically entered in the grand prize drawing. Winner will be chosen for the Grand Prize Contest will be drawn using a random number generator.
3. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
4. Names of daily winners will be posted on the hosting blog's page the next day. Follow their directions for claiming prize.
5. Grand prize drawing will take place Wednesday, May 11th, and will be announced in a blog post on Wednesday, May 11th on For What It's Worth. The winner will have one week to claim his or her prize by contacting me via e-mail at fwiw DOT kea AT gmail DOT com. If the winner does not contact me by that time, I will draw another name at random.
6. No purchase is required.
Today's kickoff begins with the playlist Logan made after his death, titled "Sucks to Be a Ghost (Sometimes)," and a general discussion about the character himself. The comments are shaping up to be quite a battle between Team Logan and his detractors!
The post also contains the announcement of the title for the third SHADE book, which is....
well, you're just going to have to go read it to find out.