Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Impromptu SHINE teaser

OK, folks, as promised if Zachary hit 2500 votes by 1:17, the rest of the Aura/Zachary video chat!

Backing up a bit first. Aura's in her room in Baltimore, Zachary's in his room in Glasgow. They're just a few weeks away from their rendezvous in Ireland, where they'll...solve some mysteries. And other stuff.

Forgive how raw and basic this is. This scene hasn't gone through editorial enhancements yet.

"Look," he said. "Don't think I expect us to--just because we'll have a room together doesn't mean we need to--"

"Oh." His eyelids went heavy. "Me, too.

My pulse pounded with a sudden craving for him. "I wish you were here right now."

Zachary's dark eyelashes flashed as he leaned in. "I am there right now." He lifted his hand to a spot below the camera. "Guess where I'm touching you?"

I held back a moan of frustration and gave him a wicked smile. "Here?" I fingered the top button of my pajama shirt.

He clicked his tongue. "What d'ye take me for, lass? I'll no' be groping you long-distance. Guess again."

I swept my hand over my neck. "Here?"

"You're getting warmer."

It was true--literally. I hoped he couldn't see me sweat at the thought of his hands on me.

I touched my cheek. "Here?"

"A bit warmer."

I smooshed the tip of my nose. "Here."

"Boiling hot."

I let my fingers drift down an inch, brushing my parted lips. "Here?" I whispered, though it came out "Heah?" because my tongue was frozen with tension, so I couldn't make the "r."

"Aye." He touched his fingers to his own lips, then reached for the camera. I did the same on my end, and for a moment, our virtual touch-kiss blotted out our views of each other.

Then he whispered, "We'd best get to sleep now. Not that I'll be able to."

For once I thought he meant for a good reason.

"I'll see you soon."

He nodded once. "And then 'Goodnight' won't be just another word for 'Goodbye.'"

Labels: , , ,

OMG! That last line! EPIC!
I can't wait for Shine to come out, that teaser is just perfect!

Posted by: Blogger Daisy at 8/10/2011 1:21 PM

Posted by: Blogger Nikki at 8/10/2011 1:22 PM

"Yes, we do." I reached out to the screen to touch his lips. "I need to. With you." -- AAAHHHHH that's the best right there. Way to go for it Aura!

Posted by: Blogger Ginger @ GReads! at 8/10/2011 1:22 PM

Jeri you are wicked!! You are killing me here...*sighs*

Posted by: Blogger Patricia M at 8/10/2011 1:23 PM

Posted by: Blogger Lindsay at 8/10/2011 1:23 PM

EEP! I just got a tingle!

Posted by: Blogger kimberdee at 8/10/2011 1:25 PM

The last line was so classy! Oh Zach!

Posted by: Blogger Marissa at 8/10/2011 1:25 PM

Loveeee it <3

Posted by: Blogger Ashley @ Book Labyrinth at 8/10/2011 1:28 PM

*dies* I didn't think I could love Zachary any more...and then this happened!!

Posted by: Blogger Lynn Marie at 8/10/2011 1:32 PM

Wow... I keep forgetting that Zach's supposed to be a teenage boy. He just doesn't sound like any that I know. LOL Then again, I've met few adult men like him so...

Well done, Jeri! Very much looking forward to more of this!

Posted by: Blogger Samantha Stoner at 8/10/2011 1:38 PM

Glad you enjoyed it! You guys are amazing for fighting against all odds. Things will get better, I promise! :-)

Posted by: Blogger Jeri at 8/10/2011 1:48 PM

That is awesome!

Posted by: Blogger Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) at 8/10/2011 2:28 PM

Oh so loving this series.... Aura and Zach have weaseled into my heart much like Nora and Patch from Hush Hush. Now if there was a YA Tourney with Zach against Patch...egads I don''t know what I would do! Very much looking forward to Shine!

Posted by: Blogger DE Graves at 8/10/2011 4:15 PM

I am loving this! I don't know if I can wait for Shine to come out with all these teasers!!! AAARGH!!

I am tweeting like crazy to get people to pop over and vote! Cassandra Clare is saying Uh-oh we lost another percentage point. That just makes me so giddy!!

Posted by: Blogger BURIED IN BOOKS at 8/10/2011 7:57 PM

Nothing like a teaser that "teases" ya!!!!! Shade and Shift were the best thing to happen to me in all of 2011. I have recommended them to all of my book loving friends. I might add that said friends later cursed me for making them fall head over heels for Zach and Logan!! I am very impatiently waiting for Shine. Eeeeek I can not stand it =)

Posted by: Blogger Selena at 8/10/2011 8:07 PM

I voted for Zach so many times my fingers hurt. lol It's time to catch up.. I can't comment on the tournament though. Anyone else having trouble with that? thanks for the Teaser :)

Posted by: Blogger Aeriell at 8/10/2011 10:11 PM

Oh. Em. Zee. That was... wow.

Posted by: Blogger Kendra at 8/10/2011 11:34 PM