As you may know--and as I keep waking up in the middle of the night realizing--SHINE is coming out in two weeks, on May 1!
Last year I did a ginormous two-week-long SHIFT blog tour
, where the pre-release and post-release bloggers formed the Pre-SHIFTer and Post-SHIFTer teams, and they battled it out for comments to win a rare ARC of SHINE
and marked-up sets of SHADE
I tried to think how I could top the SHIFT blog tour, and realized I couldn't, at least not with another blog tour. So this year I'm doing something different. Here's a hint:
That's the dedication page. I couldn't think of anyone who's been a bigger part of my life the past year during the creation of SHINE.
(Before my family gets mad, "anyone" = anyone who hasn't already had a book dedicated to them or has one reserved for them in the near future.)
While I always write for myself and the characters first and last, the support from readers kept me going on many a long night of writing, rewriting, re-rewriting, re-re-rewriting, re-re-rewriting, revising, line editing, copyediting, page-proofing, page-proofing, and more page-proofing. I wanted SHINE to be perfect--for me, for Aura, and for you.
SO, I present...the "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE READER" birthday celebration for SHINE!
One big part of the celebration will remain a secret until Release Week, but the rest I can share now:
1) SHADE Reader Playlist, Volume 2
. After Book One (SHADE) was released, lots of readers sent me links to music that reminded them of the characters. I compiled them last year and put them on the SHADE music page
. I'll do that again this year.
Though I already have several tunes on the waiting list, if you have a song suggestion, please leave it in the comments to this post. I can't guarantee every suggestion will make it in, but I'll do my best. Hearing how people connect music to books is one of my favorite things about being a writer and a reader!
2) SHADE readers "Ask Jeri" giveaway
. Rather than have one or two bloggers come up with questions for me to answer, I'm opening it up to everyone
. I'll answer up to 50 questions (10 per day during release week, April 30 - May 4). The interviews will be posted on the SHADE fan site, KiltandKeeley.com
. One lucky questioner will win a marked-up, director's commentary-style set of the entire SHADE trilogy!
Entry rules: Email your question(s) to me at jeri AT jerismithready DOT com with the subject line "Ask Jeri." Ask as many questions as you like, but there will only be one entry per person. So asking me 20 questions will not get you 20 entries. I'll try to answer at least one question per reader.
Deadline: Friday, April 27, 11:59pm Eastern Time. This'll give me a week to write my answers. I will draw a winner at random and notify them by email before Sunday, April 29.
Open to International entries!
3) Mystery Thing to be announced during release week. (It's cool, you'll like it.)
4) SHINE review contest. Post an online review of SHINE during release time and be entered to win a 90-minute private video chat with me! (Rumor has it I'll be willing to read a short preview of Zachary's upcoming novella, "Shattered." Hmmm....)
This prize will have 3 winners.
- Reviews must appear between Monday, April 23 and Friday, May 11. Reviews can appear on blogs, book sites like Goodreads or Library Thing, or online booksellers such as Amazon or BN.com.
- Each review gets you one entry. For example, if you post Goodreads and Amazon reviews, plus a review on your blog, that's 3 entries.
- Blog reviews must include the SHINE cover, a link to my website and Twitter page, and the release date.
- Email a link to your review to melissa AT jerismithready DOT com--please note it's to my awesome assistant MELISSA, not me. I have a hard time reading reviews while I'm working on another book, so she'll save them for me to read later.
- If you've already posted a review on your blog, don't worry--you're still eligible! Just put up another post between April 23 and May 11 announcing the release (please include the cover plus a link to my website and Twitter page), and link to your early review.
- If you hold a giveaway with your review/feature, you'll get five extra entries for each SHADE trilogy book you give away (i.e., SHADE, SHIFT, and/or SHINE).
- International entries welcome!
- Drawing will take place using a random number generator, and the 3 winners will be notified by email on or before Friday, May 18.
- You can bring as many folks as you want to the Skype chat (friends, family, book club, library group, soccer team, karate class), but no recordings, please.
Remember, all review/feature posts must take place between Monday, April 23 and Friday, May 11 to be eligible.
5) #SHADEboys + Aura Twitter chat Saturday, April 28, 7pm eastern time
. Swag, books, and music will be given away as Zachary
, and Aura
get us psyched for the Big Day!
6) Chat with Yours Truly, hosted by KiltandKeeley.com, Wednesday, May 9, 9pm Eastern
. That'll hopefully give everyone time to read SHINE so they won't be spoiled by the chat's chatter.
I hope you can tell from these party plans how excited I am to be sharing the end of the SHADE novels with you! And you, and you, and you, and you, and you....
Thanks for being part of the most amazing journey of my life!
Labels: Contests, SHADE series, SHINE birthday