Ladies and gents, children of all ages (well, not those under 14, except under supervision of a parent or guardian or someone else who can explain the more mature portions of my work)...
...it's time for...
Weekend of Legend is the brainchild of author Lauren Dane and her best bud/critique partner /occasional co-author Megan Hart. Back in August they held a weekend-long writing frenzy, during which they gave away prizes, involved readers in the creative process, and of course got tons of work done. She did it again in December, when I participated by working on the David book (the title and cover of which are coming very soon, I think!)
Here are the amazing authors involved this time around:
- Chloe Neill
- Carly Phillips
- Tessa Dare
- Jeri Smith-Ready (aka, me)
- and of course the goddesses of WOL themselves, Megan Hart and Lauren Dane!
My goals for the weekend will be:
1. ten thousand new words added to "Shattered"
2. an approximate scene-by-scene outline
3. a rough draft of the cover copy (cover copy = those paragraphs about the book that make you want to read it now Now NOW!)
Below are the rules, copied from Lauren's blog and modified for my own purposes.
1. This is a TWITTER contest so yes, you will need a twitter account to play. To be entered in the contests we’ll be running all weekend you will need to @ reply one of us and be sure to use the #WOL3 tag so we can find the responses among all the others to separate out to choose a winner.
2. I will be checking in every 2,000 words written and awarding prizes at various intervals.
- For fun, I will also spontaneously tweet songs from "Shattered" using ThisIsMyJam.com.
- For more fun, Zachary will be tweeting commentary and perhaps sharing a wee excerpt or two from time to time.
- Some of my prizes will be music from the book. Others will include signed books, swag, gift cards, etc.
- The contests run for 12 hours each to give people in all time zones a chance to enter.
And how exactly does one enter, you may ask?
Three words: ONLINE SCAVENGER HUNT.
I might ask you to tweet me pics of clothing my characters can wear, or photos of a location Zachary is traveling to, or songs for different moods, or the best fake band name you can think of.
Prize details will be found on this blog shortly before 3pm Eastern Daylight Time Friday, so check back then.
3. All of us will be running random contests as well, so keep an eye on the #WOL2 hashtag!
You can see the individual rules for each other at these blog entries: Lorelie Brown, Carly Phillips, Carrie Lofty, Lauren Dane.
4. The #WOL3 contest will run from Noon pacific, Friday April 19 through the end of Sunday, April 21 (so, say, midnight pacific).
5. My contests will be open to international entries unless otherwise indicated (iTunes has geographical limits, for instance).
Any questions? Put them in the comments and I'll make sure I clarify before WOL3 kicks off at 3pm EDT on Friday.
See you this weekend!